SURFING MELBOURNE




... A[r]T NIGHT







Melbourne is with no doubt a captivating city. I love it for very many reason but above all because it is a true metropolis with the feel of a town. I love being part of this city because this place seems to have room for me ... and as far as I'm concerned this town belongs to me. Most days I walk or cycle to work through the botanical gardens and across the Yarra river from South Yarra. I work in the City Business District most commonly known as the CBD and it is where the action is. On rainy days I catch the tram number 8 from Domain road or can also take any tram along Saint Kilda road - both stops are within 5 minutes walk from my 'castillo'.

Here you will walk with me back home on a cold wintery night - last day of semester and was in the mood to stop along the way and take few photo-shots along. Other shots are from my local art exhibits, theatrical venues and other art events which I usually enjoy in the company of friends and full-bodied beverages!

Saludos, Guillermo























































































Sculptures by Inge King [Main image at the top: Forward Surge 1974]
Architecture by Sir Roy Grounds [National Gallery of Victoria 1959]
Peter Davidson and Donald L Bates [LAB - Federation Square 1997-2002]
Karl Fender and Nonda Katsalidis [Eureka Tower 2002-06]
Ray Marshal Ashton Raggatt McDougall [ARM - Melbourne Recital Centre 2006-08]
Fine Art: Final year exhibition Melbourne University 2009.
Fashion Design: Unwearables 2010.
Photography all copyrights reserved © Guillermo Aranda-Mena 2010